Facebook & Twitter are now household names, and lacking a presence on these social media giants is no longer an option.
The main social networking sites
Facebook and Twitter are the two most popular social networking sites. However, we always mention the ‘BIG 5’, which also include the business to business networking site LinkedIn, the blog site WordPress and of course the 2nd largest search engine after Google, YouTube!
You certainly don’t have to be an expert to start using any of these. However, some guidance from a us can help you use them effectively, including optimising your website for social media which will make it much easier for people to share your content.
Can social networking really help my business?
It is very important to see social media marketing as a part of your overall marketing strategy and not a replacement for traditional marketing, advertising or a website. Remember, the people using social media aren’t really looking to buy, but you can use social networking to prepare the ground for making those important sales.
- You can demonstrate good customer service with fast responses to queries, suggestions and complaints
- You can create customer loyalty and build trust
- You can build up a local following with people in your community
- You can show your expertise with insights into your industry
- You can promote offer to your ‘followers’
- You can share latest news and information